Ensure that Your Finger has a Perfect Fit
It will be quite bothersome if you have to keep fiddling with the diamond ring on your finger all the time, for fear that it will come off. This could be because of the item being much larger than your finger. Similarly, a smaller size may prove to be extremely uncomfortable, as your finger tries to adjust to the tight fit. Obviously, you need help in determining the correct fit. Reputed jewellers maintain standard charts that list out the inches and corresponding sizes. Nevertheless, minute differences may still crop up. You may be able to measure ring size with the help of the following two tests.
- Paper Test: Make a printout of the paper ring sizer available at jewellery stores. There is a line stating, “Your Size.” Please make a cut on this line. Slip the pointed end of the pair of scissors through this cut, thereby creating a circle. This is your paper ring. Push it onto your finger. Ensure that the pointed end is pulled out; otherwise, you will not have a tight fit. The number line indicating your ring size shows up clearly.
- String Test: In case, you are confident of discovering your ring size at home, take this test. First, snip off a small piece from a spool of thread or string. Wrap the piece around the index or fourth finger of your left hand (rings are worn on these fingers). Ensure that the fit is neither too tight, nor too loose. When you are through, compare the size with the measurements listed out on a standard ring-size chart. This will convince you that your measurements are accurate.
It may surprise you to know that your finger changes in size every day, and in accordance with the changes in weather. Similarly, age and bodily weight also make a difference over time.
- Therefore, you will be able to obtain the accurate size, only when your finger is warm and not when it is cold. It would help to purchase a diamond ring with an adjuster fitted to it. You will be able to ensure that your adornment remains snug and safe; it will not be able to slide off your knuckle.
- In case, you are desirous of purchasing a diamond ring as a gift, please borrow a ring from the individual concerned. It will help you determine the correct size from the size chart provided by the jeweller. Generally, ring sizes for men vary from eight inches to fourteen inches while ring sizes for women range from three inches to nine inches.
- Do note that you will be able to obtain a deep bandwidth only if you access a size that is slightly larger than the current size of your finger or someone else’s finger.