We all love our jewels and so, it is essential to take good care of them. It is a timeless treasure and we should make it last forever. Taking care of diamond jewellery can be quite a challenge, but it’s not that difficult. Read on for some jewellery care tips-
Best Diamond Jewellery Tips
1. Make sure you do not take the jewellery for a shower. The more water on it, the more chances of damage
2. Do not spray perfumes or deodorants on your jewels. Always wear the accessories post applying spray on your body.
3. If you are doing any heavy duty activities, it is best not to wear them.
4. Always keep the jewels in a special pouch. Do not throw them inside your bags just like that while travelling. Diamonds and Gemstones are delicate and so is gold and silver.
5. Also, when you are doing household chores like washing utensils or clothes, remember not to wear your rings and bangles or bracelets. It can cause damage at a large level.
6. Caring for your engagement diamond ring can be quite a challenge since you wear it regularly. Wash the ring once or twice in 2 weeks.
7. Soak your wedding diamond ring or your gemstones ring in a dish with warm water with some non-detergent soap. Let it stay in for 10 to 15 minutes until any dust particles come off. Then with a small sized brush, clean it gently and clean it with fresh water.
8. An alternative method can be giving it to the goldsmith to clean it but the household method is easy and inexpensive.
9. Gold is old and antique but here is how to take care of gold jewellery- Gold can be cleaned with a little wet cloth too. But if you want to clean it completely then soak it in a warm water of glass with some non-detergent soap. Once you take it out after 5 to 10 minutes, wash it with fresh water and dry it with a tissue.
10. For further cleaning of any jewellery, a small brush with no soap is super useful. It will remove the oil and dirt.
11. Pearls are delicate and should be taken care of also in the same way. Pearls should be cleaned in room temperature water. And do not be too harsh on it. Use a soft cloth to wipe it post soaking for a while in the water. Usually, pearls do not lose their shiny charm, but in case there has been some dust on it, then this method can help.
12. Do not use any jewellery cleaner on it. The results will disappoint you.
13. A commercial cleaner which is used to remove dust or dirt from the jewellery is not helpful in every case.